Thursday, March 24, 2005

The day I almost made it outta here......

Well, after 8 straight days off due to two vacation days and creative scheduling, I returned to work, and of course, hit the ground running. Well, first the good news. One of my patients was a Physician who used to make rounds in my unit a few years back, and, noting my work ethic, how I never seemed to stop moving....all those attributes you'd think my own employer would have noticed long ago, he insisted on hiring me for his own practice. Now, the bad news. He was admitted for "Altered Mental Status", and isn't going to remember my name, much less where he's been this last week, that is, if we can find out what contributed to his decline in the first place. Oh well, it was a good day regardless. Three old ladies flirted with me, my nurses thanked me effusively for my hard work, and I didn't get written up for anything. So when I headed for home that evening, I noticed a brightly full moon staring down at me, and it occurred to me that a full moon needn't always be a bad thing.

No comments: