Wednesday, September 21, 2005

LOST

I am being sucked down the maul of television with the season premiere of LOST, one of the first totally original thrillers to appear on a network (yes, a BROADCAST network, can ya believe it) in ages. So, for another season I and millions of others shall be led to slaughter one tiny clue at a time, and we'll LOVE it. It scares me that something so totally fictional and unlikely is so much more interesting than anything I have going on in my life, at least between 9 and 10 PM. But, there you have it, or do I, at least, might as well enjoy it.
Alas, I have succumbed to commentary on television shows. I shall surely suffer an eternity of suffering in some ring of hell for resorting to this, but in my own pathetic defense I would like to claim that nothing I could write tonight could hope to match what Buffalo last posted, and he was just screwing around. Shandi hasn't been around since her last post and that worries me. Imagine that, me being worried about a complete stranger who is probably safer right now than I am. I hope I'm right about that. Teri is missing in action as well so I can only think both of them are involved in some evil conspiracy aimed squarely at my mental health, but that would really be pushing it. When they read this they are certainly either going to both chuckle at how they have this poor boy wrapped around their literary fingers, or some unkind thought I hope they don't utter in public. (Just kidding girls, I know you don't know me well enough to care one way or the other)
I have no earthly idea what prompted me to even post tonight, considering the outcome, but sometimes I have to write just to remind myself I actually do exist. Calling up this post in all it's questionable glory shall be all the proof I will need that yes, the evidence exists somewhere in cyberspace that I was here. Unless sunspot activity gets to it first, that is. Well, my wife just called from work, is on her way home, and will take over for you good folks. I will thank her on your behalf.

5 comments:

And the Past Recedes... said...

Sometimes....I post for the very same reasons...even though they have absolutely no relevance to anything at all.

Buffalo said...

Shandi and Teri are just fine, compadre. They are strong, independent, intelligent women.

I don't like the direction Lost is going. The writers are going to screw it up.

teri said...

Hello? I've been here...I posted comments. In fact, I'm actually doing pretty darn good. Much better and you guys have been giving me a laugh, which I needed. As for Shandi...I was at her house tonight and she is doing marvelous. She's just taking a brake.

Thank-you for caring…I think we do worry about one another. People here know more about what goes on in our heads than the people standing around us. It’s cool. ;)

teri said...

Lost...? I don't watch tv. I don't know?

Naughti Biscotti said...

Hey there Michael. I was "lost" but am back now. Thanks for your concern. I was taking a much needed break. I'm hoping to get back to posting my typical smart-ass material and reading more of my favorite blogs. I've been out of it lately.