Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Super-Sized Haku

It passes like molasses
this time of healing
of care and drudgery
at the mercy of reruns and netflix and movies seen several times already
various kinds and degrees of pain
various kinds and dosages of drugs
various moods and laughter and boredom
life together
trapped by a broken finger
life with a wounded wife

Day time television sucks
I hunt for diversions
which patch hasn't seen the goats for awhile?
and I can't get any sleep
a headache, or my legs start kicking
and I'm up
playing Command and Conquer till drowsy
then gently
quietly
back to bed
and the dog wakes me up
too damn early
as usual

My computer's doing things I don't want it to do
I need a bigger hard drive
but I blew that money I never had anyway
when the printer crapped out
cause the wife prints wiccan like there's no tomorrow
it's all good

I spend hours face in screen
checking for new posts
so of course everybody seems to stop
so I hit next blog
like I'm playing the lottery

She's so damn creative
coming up with ideas for this and that
making something out of nothing
beautiful things
My life would be so damn drab
without her
every man should marry a witch

There's a certain closeness with everything
hanging clothes on a line
you're OUT there, feeling the hot, damp air
hearing the breeze, the sounds of a neighborhood
you refresh yourself with the mechanics of clothespins
and wonder at how stiff a pair of jeans can be
I want winter back

Please Bob bring winter back...........

4 comments:

Time said...

Sorry THE Michael, sounds like you need a vacation from staying home...like maybe going back to work :)

Alex Pendragon said...

Tim, I imagine by now my audience can't WAIT for me to get back to work......lol.

anna said...

Awww, she looks so sweet and happy with her broken pinky. I hope she gets better soon and has no more complications.

I love how in love with her you sound in this post. It's a beautiful thing. :)

Romeo Morningwood said...

amen brother!

What a lovely way of telling your wife that you love her and telling summer to f*ck off!