Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bells and Whistles


Ladies and germs, I have committed a grievous error. When I alluded to the artistic talent of my grandson Nathan as applies to the artwork he helped create on the garden shed, I neglected to give equal credit to his mother, my daughter, who upon viewing said post was somewhat peeved to have no mention in the creation of this outdoor masterpiece. In order to make amends, I am providing photographic evidence that she participated in the creation of this mural.

Now, in doing so, I had to provide some creative censorship in order not to reveal something that occurs when women wearing hip hugger pants squat down close to the ground. Yes, guys, I know, you are moaning even now as I rob you of the sight, but the ladies will only be thinking how kind and considerate I am to not embarrass her.....although frankly I rather enjoyed taking the picture......hmmmm.....perhaps I'm burying myself deeper even as I dig my way out, so I will shut up now......hehe.

Moving on......I have been working diligently on putting together an audio supplement to my already first rate blog. Alright, second rate. Third rate? I have the major components necessary to make this happen, all I need do now is figure out how to put them altogether so that they actually work, in the fashion that many of you already have heard with Amber's blog, if you have been fortunate enough to have discovered her and her equally talented husbands work. A few of my "fans" have expressed a desire to hear my voice. The road to perdition is littered with the victims of those whose overwhelming desire to hear my voice was granted. So, before you click that link, may I suggest that you ask yourself one question....Do you REALLY want to hear my voice? You've been warned. I can't promise when this is actually going to occur, since it takes me awhile to connect the dots, as the header of "Dances with Leaves" so clearly demonstrates. Perhaps you can view the delay as a Bob-given reprieve from the madness you might descend into once I DO connect these dots and unleash my voice upon the world.

Oh, and it IS possible that I might talk the wife into participating in this endeavor. I have to be honest here and inform you that the wife is not a big fan of this idea. Yes, she has used this computer to good effect to research her Wiccan ideals, but other than that, she considers just about anything else I do with it as..........perhaps "silly", "dumb", "obsessive", and "a total waste of time" would be very good adjectives she would apply to my uses of it. Sigh......many of you wives and girlfriends out there have embraced the wonder of this medium with as much gusto as your significant others of the male persuasion, and I salute you for that. In my case, other than participating in my wife's many projects around the house and with her Wiccan ways, this computer and the things I strive to enjoy on it are all I seem to have left these days to keep from going utterly insane. It allows me to exercise my mind and visit other worlds I would not otherwise be able to. Sometimes this world of mine and all it's attendant problems just close in on me and I need at least one window to the outside in order to breath. Not that I have anything here to escape; no my friends, I'm sticking it out with this love of mine to the bitter end, and sharing my life with her is anything BUT bitter. So, hopefully, this audio endeavor will include my better half, and as funny as she can be, it will be that much better for it.

3 comments:

And the Past Recedes... said...

The new blog is looking good!

Paul said...

Looking forward to the audio file of BOTH of you!

Whitesnake said...

I shall return