Sunday, April 30, 2006

ROFF!!!!!!!

That feeling of liberation, the moment your foot crosses that threshold at work knowing you won't have to come back across it for another week or two....ahhhhh....there's nuthin' like it! ROFF! (That's our little abbreviation for "We're off").
Today we take care of last minute details before we head on down the road to Tampa to visit the kids. Gotta remove the two inch layer of cat and dog hair from the carpet, stock up on hay for the goats, make sure the litter boxes are clean and full, (and believe me, they will be FULL by the time we get back), and fix a section of the castle walls that Billy, the aggravatingly smart goat, discovered he could breach by prying back a loose section of lattice work.
Never mess with a man married to a witch. Yesterday, much to my delight, I discovered that I have survived my 6th department manager in my 10 years since starting my present job. They come and they go, but The Michael remains! This last one seemed to take quiet and smug delight in manipulating department policy simply to make my life miserable, as well as upsetting every nurse in the unit. Well, she's history. NEXT! LIke I said, it's not a good idea to mess with a man who's married to a witch.......hehe.
It was kinda upsetting when our daughter, the good twin, said she couldn't find where and when the pagan festival we wanted to check out was going to occur, but she's managed to track it down. Since this is a vacation on the cheap, the only other distraction we would have had for the entire week was to tour the local magik shops, like two kids in a candy store. I'm hoping I can find myself a nice Athema, which for you muggles, is a ceremonial knife used for spell casting. It's not used as a weapon or cutting tool, simply a tool used to focus energies, something sort of akin to a phallic symbol, as opposed to a cauldron or chalice which represents the womb......or something like that.....I'm still learning.
The one thing which will make an otherwise smooth expedition a bit aggravating will be this damn tire which got punctured but I managed to save by plugging. If you've ever had to use a can or two of fix-a-flat on a tire and experienced the out-of-balance vibration it can induce, you know what I mean. The vibrations set in just under 60 mph, and frankly I don't want to spend the entire trip feeling like everyone else on the highway wants to run my ass over for getting in the way. I'm usually passed by everybody anyway, since I rarely exceed the 70 mph speed limit. I'm not one of those who feels that 95 mph is necessary just because you CAN. 70 is plenty fast enough for me, thank you.
While with the kids, I hope I can commandeer their (shudder) PC to post our adventures on the blog, but I can't promise. I hope to get some really great footage at the pagan festival, but getting it edited on the 'putor is going to be problematic since I have filled my meager 80 gig hard drive to overflow and don't have space for editing. It will all be on tape, tho, so eventually you guys might get to see it.
Well, I have a shitload of stuff to get done, so I will leave you with this post to mull over till I can get back on with the next report. In the meantime, I guess you guys will just have to settle for whatever Tim, Shandi, Amber, Cherish, gina, littleone, and those "other" guys can come up with in my stead. I don't envy them. Grin.......

No comments: