Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Candy Stores

Well, we toured two of the shops catering to people who do strange things like buy crystals, and I found a nice Athema and a stone which is purported to attract wealth somewhere in my general direction. Go ahead, laugh.

One thing you never really prepare for is trying to sleep in someone else's bed, which in our case was the polar opposite of our waterbed....rather hard. We have attempted to rectify the situation by purchasing an arrived.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but hopefully I will come across something cam-worthy tomorrow to grace the blog with. Just remember that this is the economy version of what we laughably refer to as a "vacation", so don't expect much.

Right now the wife and my son-in-law are out at the nearby cemetery, probably communing with the spirits as I type. I sometimes envy the wife her sensitivity to these things, but at least I don't have to worry about dead people pestering me ala "Medium". I realize that being so grounded in reality is no where near as much fun, but what can I say? I just don't see dead people.

I at least have access to blogville, so although I did have to suffer through Amber's decision to take a blog break, I did get to catch gina's wonderful post, which is a poem about life on the web that says so much. And of course, I am secure in the knowledge I am getting my daily minimum requirements of Tim and his photoshopped insanity.

Goodnight, and I'll get back to you guys with another exciting episode of "The St Petersburg Affair"......

4 comments:

Time said...

I'll have you know that my insanity is the only thing not photoshopped. :)

Naughti Biscotti said...

Sounds like you're having a great time. Much deserved vacation I'm sure. Looking forward to the photos.

darlingina said...

Peeking in to say Hello and i'm glad You're enjoying Your time away. Take care and know that i'm always on top of Your great blogs! ;o)
Hugs,
~gina~

Buffalo said...

Athema? I always called them a sharp, freakin' dagger.