Saturday, September 16, 2006

"Another Saturday Night, and I ain't got no money........"

I'm staring at this blank TextEdit sheet, the simple little word processing program I use to post with, and I'm coming up blank. Bloggers' block. This sucks.

Well, it's understandable. Nothing is any worse right this minute than it was last night, so I have no impending apocalypse to report on, which is good. I'm not the sort that prefers to suffer for my art, such that it is. So, instead, I just turn on the faucet and let it rip. You never know what kind of crap is gonna flow out.

Oh, wait, I have something! Day before yesterday we had a killer salad for dinner. That COULD have been quite literal. We heard later that bagged spinach was being recalled for being contaminated with E-coli bacteria, having sickened about 100 people and killed one. We had mixed about half a bag of spinach with another half bag of hearts of romaine or something like that. And it was GOOOD! So, we had a great salad and cheated death. What a meal.

To pass this evening, sans some fresh material from netflix, and jack shit on the airwaves, we are revisiting "From Dusk till Dawn", that Quentin Terantino horror classic staring the dweeb himself, George Clooney, Cheech Marin, and certainly not the least bit last, Salma Hyack, the woman that defines W O M A N. Call me sexist, call me a pig, but that woman, in this film at least, was HOT! And no, this film has no socially redeeming value whatsoever. It's violent, decadent, with plenty of nudity and blood everywhere. I'm ashamed for loving it so much. Go figure.





I don't know what it's like wherever you, my faithful reader, happen to be living in this country of ours, but I haven't been able to see the stars in all their glory for quite some time. Now I know why. I downloaded a photo from NASA that shows the entire continent as seen from space at night. It's lit up like a friggin christmas tree. The levels of light pollution in this country is terrible! There are very few places anywhere in this country that hasn't been illuminated to such a degree that a truly dark night sky can allow the full glory of the cosmos to reveal itself. And most would consider that progress.

We've finished Dusk till Dawn and to balance it out with something a bit more on the bright side we are watching "Monsters INC." Hopefully, it will blunt the nightmares the first movie could have screwed up our sleep with. I would much rather be chased thru the forest by James P. Sullivan than by that creepy psychopathic brother played by Terantino. Besides, Mike the monster is rather cute, doncha think? hehe

OK, since I really had nothing worth posting to begin with, I will put this one to rest and allow you to get back to your Sunday morning funny papers and cup of hot coffee. Be sure to tune into CBS Sunday Morning, unless you think God is gonna come for you if you don't show up at church. Bob could care less. Me, I'll be at work wiping butts, taking temperatures, running blood to the lab, and wishing I was fishing, even though I was never a big fan of fishing to begin with.

7 comments:

Time said...

THE Michael, You have mastered the blogger's art of writing about nothing when you are drawing a blank. You may now advance to the next level.

P.S. You wipe people's butts for a living? Cool. Most people at my job just kiss them. :)

Buffalo said...

I would crawl through a mile of broken glass just to sniff the treads on the truck that hauls Selma's thongs to the laundry. Damn! That is one fine woman. She's up there in Sophia's league

anna said...

I love Salma Hayek and I love Monsters Inc. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. Yet another "life is good" moment. Good for you. :)

Alex Pendragon said...

Somehow my evil mind knew that throwing in a little Salma would save this post....hehe.

Tim, SOMEbody's gotta do it.

Paul said...

Ok, you asked for it so I'll beat the other gender to the punch. "You're a sexist pig." But, don't feel special. All men are -- at least that's what I've been told.

Did you know that nurses who work night shifts have a 36% higer rate of breast cancer. Read an article that links it to light exposure and a hormone produced by a gland in the brain. With all the light we're generating, it makes one wonder what the future holds. Julie wanted to know how light affects men? Beats me.

darlingina said...

Well Sir... You had a much better weekend than me. One that i don't wish to discuss.
i'm so glad the salad didn't make you guys sick. Oh, and that is one very cool photo taken by NASA. Enjoy the rest of Your week.
Hugs, ~gina~

JP (mom) said...

I absolutlely love CBS Sunday Morning ... thanks for plugging it!!