Sunday, June 26, 2005

Tonights' episode

Never having played such a prominent role in someone else's blog entry, I was suitably impressed with Shandi's address to me concerning our Brotherhood of the Blog. And now, I think, I've discovered something in common between her and I other than our manic depression.....or depressive mania.....we both have a weakness for sweet wine. I'm assuming it's sweet based on another bloggers' comment, so I could be wrong. About the wine, that is.
Another thing we have in common is that we both had fathers we lost track of in one fashion or another. Shandi suggested I write about it. Well, maybe I will. But I must warn all of you now that it will not be a tear jerker reunion tale that pulls at the heartstrings, but rather a release of emotion on par with a thermonuclear explosion. It will NOT be pretty. Sure, I would love nothing more than to write the happily-ever-after version of a father and son reunion, but the reunion never happened, the chances of it happening are slim to none, and again, it would not be pretty. I know perhaps many of you would not look forward to this story in this light, but I think you would prefer honesty over wishful thinking.
So let me recover from today's shift, and tomorrow, between more yard work and loving my wife, I will whip out something that at the very least, will shed a bit more light on what made a Michael what he is today, or rather, what he became despite it all. Till then........cheers!

1 comment:

Naughti Biscotti said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my mention. And glad you can relate. I'm out of the depression once again... back on the upswing.
Looking forward to the story about your father.