Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Generic Post Number Nine......

I don't know how many people read the last post, but I would like to thank those who did and responded for their kind words. It was a masochistic experience, to say the least. I enjoyed getting it out, even tho at the same time it felt like I was pulling out my fingernails. I don't care much for pain, really, but I hate even less when something simmers deep inside of me and steals some of my inner calm. So I would like to thank Shandi for urging me to write about it, Buffalo for his cryptic yet thumbs up pat on the back, and any other kind thoughts that came in my direction.
As for "A Crossing of Paths", I haven't given up on it, if you were following it......I just got interrupted in my thought processes while attempting to exorcise that last demon. Stay tuned, like I promised, the story takes an interesting turn.
Some have suggested I can write. The way I see it, if I could lay out my ideas in that smooth, mellow way that Buffalo does, then I WOULD be a writer. Right now, let's just say I don't do so bad for a white boy. Like everything, one can only get better if they just stick with it. If I were doing this with any real expectations of getting anything published and actually getting paid for it, then the fear of failure would weigh me down so much I couldn't get anything done. Since I do this as a hobby, an outlet, simply as a joyful thumb in the eye of the establishment (aka: who the hell needs you, I'll just write anyway), then I am free to just do it, for it's own sake. It's like way back in my younger days when I was heavily into model rocketry. I knew damn well I wasn't going to be putting anything into orbit, I just did it for the fun of it, but you know what?
I actually set a world altitude record for a particular class of rocket powered by a certain class of engine. The fact that the record only lasted about a month before some other asshole surpassed me did not in any way negate the pride I had in that accomplishment. It's all relative.
So join my in our next exciting episode, when Doris gets her oats............

2 comments:

Buffalo said...

And that, my friend, is the way it should be.

Naughti Biscotti said...

Well put... good lesson to me as well.
Thanks for going through the obvious pain it took to write that story. I feel that when I finally get those things down on paper (or on a blog) it takes some of the power and pain away from the experience. And... I think of it a little less thereafter.
Great job!!!