Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Pain of Browsing thru Blogger

Sometimes I click on that tab at the top that says "next blog", and off I go, attempting to find something worth reading. It can become a real chore, because I am led thru foreign blogs, mostly from Taiwan, blogs that seem to consist of one theme; that being HDTV MONITOR (let me guess, they want me to buy an HDTV monitor, right?), blogs written by teenagers in some new language resembling english but not saying allot, and blogs by extremely eloquent and lofty intellectuals which, ironically, don't really say allot either. What really gets me are the blogs that seem to be addressed strictly to the individual writing them, as I cannot for the life of me believe that anyone else would have the slightest idea what they are talking about. Oh, there is such a rich and varied universe of thought processes going on in here, and it reminds me of the old days of AM radio, when the sound was bad, you had to use your imagination half the time, which is a talent rarely called upon these days, and you could hear amazing things late at night when those stray radio waves bounced off the ionosphere from who knows where and brought you into some interesting places far beyond the horizon.
However, the pain inflicted by no means reduces my pleasure at finding these little gems scattered throughout Blogdom. I find the most interesting ones to written by people very much like me, very ordinary, yet in their own special ways, extraordinary. Finally, I think to myself, a way to know your neighbors, despite the extinction of the good old front porch, the place from which we used to stick our necks out into our surroundings and get to know people.
So, I would like to leave this particular entry with one well-meaning plea to my neighbors who elucidate their thoughts in deep speak.......stop it. Talk to us the way you used to talk to people before your education hyped your vocabulary and thought processes to such a degree that you left the rest of us behind. We really do want to hear what's on your mind, it's just such a chore sometimes that many of us won't have the patience to decipher it, and that would be sad.

2 comments:

The Walker Tribe said...

I got to tell you...I got tired of hitting the NEXT BLOG button. Sometimes...I would hit it and go to a blog that had deleted the NEXT BLOG button. Talk about frustrating. However, you are right, sometimes it is worth while when you find a diamond in the rough.

Naughti Biscotti said...

I did the "next blog" thing too until I found a couple of really good ones. Now, I go through the blogrolls on my favorite blogs to find interesting reads. Great minds think alike....so I'm usually not disappointed.
Thanks for dropping by my site. I hope you come back.
btw: I don't use ultra-intelligent language in mine...as you'll recall from my last post :)