Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Insidious Soap Conspiracy

It had already occurred to me before that hot water, the hotter the better, made a perfectly good cleanser for those counter tops and other surfaces that you spill stuff on. Just soak up your sponge with water as hot as you can stand it, and those greasy spills come right off, no chemicals needed. Hell, you spill ANYTHING, and douse it with any spray cleaner immediately and of COURSE it's gonna come off.....DUH!
So, being the rather slow one who takes an inordinate amount of time to put two and two together, I run out of dishwashing detergent, I have no real desire to make the seven mile trip to the nearest supermarket to get it, so I say the hell with it, and just run the damn washer, sans detergent. Well, whataya know......perfectly clean, sparkling dishes, without all that fine powder residue I have to wipe off the removable grill plates. And some of those dishes were NASTY, my friends, with dried on stuff and everything. It all came off just fine, with nothing but HOT H2O.
It took me awhile, but I have just saved myself about 3 bucks for a box of chemicals I never even needed. Now, I wonder just how hot I can stand my showers................

1 comment:

Buffalo said...

Trust me on this......DO NOT EVER use liquid dishwashing soap in lieu of automatic dishwasher soap. Never, Ever, Ever.