Friday, May 13, 2005

I just couldn't resist.......

Well, Buffalo stumbled into a hornets nest over at the femi-nazi's site. His comments where not well taken and his last post really attracted alot of attention, mostly generous. I went to take a peek and decided I wasn't going to take any strolls across THAT minefield. There really aren't any prizes waiting for you on the other side, so it just ain't worth losing a foot over.
I grew up just like everybody else pretty much clueless as to the roles of men and women in an evolving society. I witnessed the good-old-boys beating up their wives and girlfriends, at home or at the bars, as well as the cops giving the guys a wink unless it became a murder case. I witnessed the new feminists burning their bras, sex crawl out of the closet, free love, and all that social upheaval. Pretty soon "a woman's place" became fighting words, and all us young guys entered a whole new era of not having the slightest idea what was expected of us when it came to women. All I knew was I loved women, mostly, I thought they were the most beautiful creatures on Earth, even when they were either ignoring me or walking over my face. I loved sex, and women were what you had sex with. I became a feminist, along with a great believer in civil and human rights for everybody. None of this made me understand women. I just played it by ear as I strove to get laid, to be loved, to be a man, even tho even that was getting more and more confusing everyday.
Despite all this cry for equality and decency, I knew deep inside that yes, there WAS a difference between men and woman that went beyond tits and plumbing. Any guy who has dated and gotten married can attest to that. So, here it is, the year of our Lord 2005, and a learned professor at a major university is run out of town for suggesting that men and women think differently, which might help explain why most of our nerds are males. Well, you can cry and yell and stomp your feet all you want, my lovelies, but the man was not saying that women are INFERIOR due to their mental wiring, just DIFFERENT. Men and woman are perfectly capable of coming to the same conclusion concerning a problem, they just arrive there from different directions. This, I think, is rather wonderful, when you consider that a woman's way of approaching a problem might prove to be THE way THAT particular problem needs to be solved. So, chill, no one is attacking your rights or your abilities, at least not us average guys. We hold these truths to be self-evident: Women, as a whole, are more nurturing than men, because evolution made them that way, which is a GOOD thing. Men, as a whole, are more aggressive and probably more mechanically inclined, because evolution made them that way, which WAS a good thing, and probably still is. The world has changed drastically since we killed off all the saber-toothed tigers, and we need to adjust to the new realities, which is what intellect is for. No, we men might seem clueless most of the time, but we certainly are trying, which is alot more than I can say for the average femi-nazi. Try evolving with us, girls, so we can both get there together more or less in one piece.

1 comment:

Buffalo said...

We had to have gone to different schools together!

Everything changes. Society is constantly in a state of flux. I almost think it is semantics that get me in trouble. I use the wrong words. Words that used to be okay are now archaic and have morphed into a meaning I don't intend to convey.

As long as we keep trying to get it right I think we will be okay, my friend.