Saturday, May 28, 2005

God help us.......

I was reading Buffalo's latest rant concerning Christians, and others of like minded intolerance, and it brought to mind this rant of my own that I had posted awhile back, on another one of my blogs that I have all but abandoned. In the spirit of his fine approach to the subject, I resurrect it for your reading enjoyment. If any of this pisses you off, GOOD!

Once again the church and state thing is being argued over in the Supreme Court.
Now really, when is this thing going to be laid to rest? They surveyed Americans and discovered (gasp) that while 76% favored displaying the ten commandments on public and/or government property, a hefty 67% also did NOT favor posting a monument to the Koran on same said property. He he. Religious freedom my ass! The only freedom these people seek is the freedom of one particular religious sect to shove it's beliefs down the throats of others. You know it, I know, they know it. Yes, this nation WAS founded by people who by virtue of their immigrant demographics happened to be christians of one sort or another. So? These same people also understood what happens when the state sponsors one religion over another; with 12 you get what they were running from - religious persecution. So, my God fearing, religious, and oh so righteous fellow citizens, I have a suggestion to make. Take a good hard look at Iran, Saudi Arabia, or any other theocracy in the world, and then tell me if you are just itching to move there. I think not. It will be one cold day in hell when as an American who values his freedom to practice whatever belief system he holds dear allows the likes of you to dictate what that system will be. And yes, I will defend to the death YOUR freedom to believe anything you wish, provided you keep it to yourself, and not try and indoctrinate Me, my family, or others via the school system or any other government institution.

1 comment:

Buffalo said...

You bet. Just don't inflict it on me.