Monday, May 30, 2005

"I wish I'd never......."

Your teenagers say it, and you probably said it to your parents when things weren't going your way...."I didn't ask to be born!" Imagine how wrong that statement just might be.........

Next!

Hi there, your number please?

Oh, yes, 58777462, I've had you before. So how was the Sudan?

It was brief, but educational.

It was meant to be. Seems that moved you a few notches closer. So what are we looking for today? I have a few interesting ones coming up, one's In Iowa, a nice farm couple, tho they're likely to lose the farm this year sometime......and you'll be competing with three siblings. I also have a single African mother here......oh boy.....she has aids......you'd probably be born with it as well.......this one could move you ahead a few spots.

I kinda need a break from tragedy this time around...got anyone being born into affluence? Maybe I could help out a bit this time around?

No, no really rich ones anytime soon, and the waiting list is really long on this one. The birth rate has been rather dismal with these lately. However, I DO have a couple in Russia getting ready to deliver pretty quick.......the father is a budding journalist who'd gotten on Putin's bad side, lots of possibilities of social impact with this one if you get lucky.

I don't know, kids rebel, I'd probably end up joining the dark side just to piss old Dad off........I could probably end up losing a few notches with that one...........but it does sound challenging........what else ya got?

About the only thing I see anytime soon that could really teach you something fresh is this couple in Alabama......seems the whole county is pure right-wing Republican, and you're family is keeping a low profile. Maybe you'll grow up to run as a Democrat and really rock the boat. You'll certainly learn allot about politics and living on the edge.......The Dad's a Muslim and the Mom's a lapsed Catholic......you make it thru this one and you could be President!

What the hell, give me that one, no one said karma was easy...........how long do I have?

Seven weeks, barring complications. I'll get you ready for rebirth. Good luck, 58777462, Oh, and I have it on good authority your soul-mate is a real looker this time around. Have fun!

2 comments:

Buffalo said...

Hmmmmmmmmm. Interesting.

Naughti Biscotti said...

Very nice!!! Have you read "The Celestine Prophesy"? Choosing your destiny....I like it. You can't really blame your situation on anyone or gripe about the cards you've been delt. We are all here to learn something. You learn more during adversity.
Great read!!!