Monday, May 02, 2005

Technoembarrassment

This is truly embarrassing. I know these blog templates have areas for links, pics, you name it, there seems to be room for everything. What do I have? Just what I write. I went in search for the "how to" of posting links and such, and when I get there, it's like I stepped out on the surface of mars, looking for a karaoke bar and finding nothing but red sand. It's not Blogers fault, I'm sure anyone born after 1987 understands the concepts explained in the "how to's" section concerning inserting this stuff, but it's all greek to me. Me, the guy who thinks he's such a genius of the layman variety that he should be able to figure this stuff out. Maybe I've developed such a mental laziness my mind is checking out long before the light bulb gets a chance to light up. All I know is my much vaulted self-view is getting challenged by the world around me much more often than I'd like it to. If someone who happens to stumble over this entry happens to be the sort who feels sorry for us digitally clueless old farts to such a degree that he can figure out a "web-page links for idiots" way of explaining it to me, and manages to do so, I will be more than happy to link to his or her blog so that anyone else who happens along can link to their entry describing in excruciating and comic detail how he took grandpa by the hand and led him thru the digital desert to the oasis of Bloger "How to". The humiliation is well worth seeing this friggin light bulb go on.

1 comment:

Buffalo said...

http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html

Above are the URLs for some help with HMTL. Also, I have a book from the library: HTML Quick Steps by Guy Hart-Davis. Published by McGraw Hill.

I'm in kindergarden when it comes to this stuff. Kind of fun to learn a little about stuff kids fly through.