Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Continuing Saga of Recovery

It's day two post-op, and the wife's pain is doing better thanks to the Demerol. I used to tell my wife that one of the things that attracted me to her was how "bright" she was in just about any surrounding. As pissy as many shoppers can be, there ARE many nice people whom have been her customers, one of whom just sent her flowers and a note telling her to get well and that she is missed.

Under her learned tutelage, I managed to produce a most excellent pot of home-made chili, from start to finish. I snuck in some extra chili powder, and despite my fears I might have overdone it, I sighed a breath of relief as she announced it was very, very good. And I agree. It WAS! Of course, I'm no dummy. I know damn well that she has diabolically taught me how to prepare, and be responsible for, another favorite dish. She's no dummy either.

Putin and Bush; now aren't those two a pair? They hide their disdain for each other under this guise of being good buddies. Dubya, your good buddy, whose eyes you gazed into and pronounced to have a good soul, ain't no good old boy. He's an ex-KGB officer who misses the good old days, and he's going to, one way or another, bring back that Soviet Union, and we'll be right back where we started. As much as I hated Reagan, there's no way in hell he'd be performing a bad parody of "Broke Back Diplomacy" like you are with this man. Get a clue, Dubya.

NBC nightly news just did a spot on global warming, and it just occurred to me that I might have made an EXCELLENT real estate acquisition. When the sea level begins to rise as the Antarctic and Greenland ice caps melt, I may very well find myself in possession of an acre of beachfront property! If anybody is interested in investing, this parcel is just big enough to fit a nice beachfront condo on.......hehe.

Oh, and there HAS been good news today. The Discovery and it's brave crew are still alive. One must find silver linings wherever they can be found.

Until my next exciting post, be well, and blessed be.

2 comments:

Time said...

Talk about prolithic, you've been a busy blogger.

Alex Pendragon said...

That's what happens when I go on "vacation", Tim.