Friday, July 21, 2006

La Dee Flippin' Da (An Undiscovered Country)

It is not very often that a comment leads me back to an undiscovered country, a hidden treasure, a silent symphony of sublime literary pleasure. Yet, it has happened, and I truly must share this discovery with that miniscule percentage of the blog reading population which has made Dances With Leaves the renowned unappreciated masterpiece that it has become. I have always been a firm believer that men are better at many things that women aren't, and vice versa, but when it comes to writing, well, that all goes out the window, as proven to me by Shandi, The Alley Rat, and other feminine literary geniuses. This girl is no exception. From what I have read so far, she does not come from highfalutin' academic roots, nourished by the ivory tower masters, yet I dare say she can spin a web of word with the best of them, in an easy to understand and grasp manner that befits the commoner, that being you and me. I think you probably agree with me, you minions of the 9 to 5, that there can be such a thing as too much eloquence and excessive use of as- yet- to -be- defined- words. Thank Bob we have the likes of Jessica to keep us on an even keel.

I was so impressed with her ease of blog-speak that it alarmed me greatly to discover that I was the only one to have read her blog and commented on it. THIS CANNOT STAND! So, my loyal readers ( I know, the check's been in the mail for quite some time now, but you will get your kickbacks, I promise) I besiege you, I insist, I DEMAND, that if you have any trust whatsoever in the judgment of the Michael when it comes to great ways to totally waste your time for a good cause, then you MUST rush over upon the conclusion of enjoying this great blog of mine and peruse through the artistic literary stylings of " La Dee Flippin' Da " and then come back and admit that maybe The Michael knows what he's talking about (Yes, I understand the percentage increase in the kickbacks required....). Tell her The Michael sent you, and she'll give you a ten percent discount on keychains. It's an inside joke.

Yes, I fully realize how shocked you all must be that The Michael has lowered himself to posting shameless promotions, but if I ever intend to dump this dead-end job of mine and find success and fulfillment in this world, I really need to get in some practice, and this is as good a time as any to do it. I'm not getting any younger, or better looking. Besides, some of us (ahem) seem to think (cough) that posting on a regular basis is nothing more than a hobby, a harmless pastime, an afterthought to their exciting, action packed lives, and have slacked off in their responsibilities, so we need fresh meat; young, impressionable and industrious newby bloggers who honestly think they can make a difference in the world with mere words. I admit it. She's already made a difference in mine.

5 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

After leaving about 50 comments on every Blog with alley rat in it I went back and reread the post with my glasses on and found
La dee flippin'da.....whew!....now I'm exhausted....you were right....thud!

gautami tripathy said...

nothing wrong with self promotions.

but i am tired after reading this...

i am off to bed...

lol!

darlingina said...

Dunno how, but i finally got the opportunity to sit down here and catch up on The Michael's Blog. And whew, You have not slowed down a bit and still amaze me with Your writing. i had alot to catch up on! i was so sorry to hear about the accident and Your wifes finger. She will be in my thoughts...hoping it heals soon and that the pain will leave and have her back to feeling 100%. Also thanks for passing along another great blog to read. They are certainly hard to come by these days... mine being one of them. :o(
So much to share and just never enough hours in the day to just "Do It". Thank goodness the kids start back to school in about a month. It will be so nice to have some time to myself to keep caught up on all my favorite blogs as well as my own. Enjoy Your Sunday, Sir.
Hugs & all that,
~gina~

Jessica said...

People who know me in "real" life, know that I'm a talker. I talk incessantly about nothing and I'll do it at the most inappropriate times. While I'm chewing my food, picking a wedgie...I don't claim perfection. But I must say that at this very moment you've successfully rendered me speechless. Thank you for your kind words.

Alex Pendragon said...

You are more than welcome, Jessica, but please get your voice back posthast........you have audiance out here waiting to discover you.