Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Michael Gets All ECLECTIC Again


It's a very hot and moist afternoon here at Pendragon Hold and I just finished listening to Billy Holiday's rendition of "Blue Moon". I'm amazed at the kinds of stuff I'm hearing on this internet radio station. Listen to me, ditch your favorite pop or rock or alternative or country station and try out some of these eclectic offerings. No, you're not going to dig every song you hear, but common' man, expand your horizons, get in on all this wonderful stuff just begging to be heard and enjoyed!

So, welcome to Eclectic Post #39, brought to you by the good folks here at Dances With Leaves, the Blog that leaves (get it, l e a v e s? I'm just too funny!) you sated yet strangely wanting more! And no, we have no Chinese staff members; go figure. In todays episode, we would like to examine the socioeconomic underpinnings of that aggravating conflict over there in Lebanon. Notice I said want. We have decided instead to just let 'er rip and see what happens. We feel much more capable handling free flowing gibberish, rather than all that in-depth, philosophical ying yang that is required to make examinations of conflicts on the other side of the world seem relevant. Besides, it's hard to make comedy out of that kind of insanity.

The wife and I have been trapped in this double wide castle for a whole week now, and I keep hearing my wife say over and over again, "I'm bored". I think she hates the fact that as long as I have this computer and my playstation I can keep myself satisfied. I have hidden the baseball bat.

The money ran out several days ago, as well as the snacks, wine, and vodka. Pure sobriety sucks, let me tell ya! If it weren't for Netflix and new (although mostly lame) episodes of manufactured rock star shows, we'd have gone catatonic by now. However, we are waiting with bated breath for the paycheck to arrive in the checking account this evening so that we can replenish the stocks of comfort liquids and solids.




The dog got his semi-annual bath today out on the front porch. He hates that. Shiloh happens to be one of those models of dogs whose coat was designed to repeal water, probably for hunting moose in the snow somewhere in Norway, so it really galls him when I deliberately take the hose sprayer and FORCE healthy amounts of H2O into his fur, not to mention copious amounts of shampoo. But he does smell a lot better. Damn, now that I think about it, I could have moused him while I was at it to cut down on the shedding! However, the wife has just informed me of what a dumb idea that was. Wives have a way of keeping you honest. I could have been a friggin genius by now if it wasn't for her.

I was watching a show on NOVA (that's a scientific PBS show for those of you who never wonder away from reruns of "Friends") that attempted to provide the laymen's' understanding of string theory and how it has the very good possibility of explaining EVERYTHING. Well, they never managed to explain even the simplest concepts of basic algebra to me, and they think I'm going to breeze through Quantum Physics? Try throwing in some alien warships and time traveling hitch hikers with towel fetishes and I might make some sense of it.


However, some of the off-the-wall ideas advanced by string theory has given ammunition to my belief that their might actually be a real, scientific basis for magick, as practiced by witches. The mere fact that observation alone actually changes the observed, gives me pause to think that intent can actually be a force that can be harnessed by the human mind. Mankind all through the ages has harnessed forces of nature without completely understanding how those forces actually work, so it stands to reason that wizards can utilize powers that on the face of it seem mystical when in reality they are simply following rules of physics we have yet to fully understand. I myself can testify to the magick this woman weaves on me......grin.


Shandi struck a nerve with one of her posts concerning flaws she couldn't overlook in potential mates. Whether or not I was justified in the essence of my comment, it could have been less knee-jerk than it was. So I want to apologize to Shandi and anyone else who read the comment, and assure everyone that I hastily recalled the assassin I hired to avenge my hurt feelings. I must have been having an "Islamic" moment there folks; it won't happen again.

I have been following Buffalo's progress on his trip across America, and I am so thankful we have hardy individuals like him to take it on the backside so that we don't have to. Riding that many miles on a machine that vibrates at a frequency designed expressly to liquify your vertebrae really takes stamina! Just getting a Harley Davidson to complete that many miles without a fully loaded semi of spare parts is amazing in and of itself! On one page he has questioned ever taking the trip, while on another, attempting to describe the wonder of having done so. I fully understand. Such is the long, strange trip, my friend. No matter the route or time taken, it's a singular experience that can't be replicated by any other person. Savor it, even when it hurts. You did it..........we didn't.

And so I close out this edition of Dances with Leaves to the tune of "Black Bird" as performed by someone with a real jazzy tilt to it. It's good. The Beatles will not be offended. I wish you could have heard it.

3 comments:

Time said...

Hope you've replenished your supplies and have a buzz on now. Nice eclectic post. Take those broken wings and learn to fly.

Jessica said...

no key chains as of yet, but I can certainly send you a shirt *wink*

Note to self: Cancel appointment with PR firm, Michael's got me covered.

I must regretfully inform you that I changed the link to my blog. I'm hopelessly anal and my url didn't match the title and it was driving me bonkers. Anyway, here's the new url:

http://ladeeflippinda.blogspot.com/
I just couldn't lose my one and only reader. BTW, thanks for that, because I know it must be as painstaking for you to read my blogs as it is for me to write them.

Romeo Morningwood said...

String theory is a bunch of mumbo jumbo that tries to unite the warring factions of Physics.
For lay people like myself string theory is only useful when applied in conversational anomalies such as those attempting to explain why I love ELO.