Friday, April 29, 2005

Could it be I have peers?

Well, surprise, surprise, I commented on something this guy called Buffalo wrote, something that reminded me of a jaded period in my life, and he actually linked to me and commented back. No, I fully realize I am far from the big time blog-wise, but progress, arguably, is progress. When you're days are consumed by your own personal terrors, regrets, dreams and near-misses, sometimes a glimpse across that void separating you from the world at large can have a calming effect, just knowing that other lives are being lived out there far better AND far worse than your own. Not much of what I write is bullshit, and I hope most of what I'm reading isn't either, but I do know one thing, I think we are ALL much better off WITH each other, in one way or another, than without. Even, God bless em, our own personal taliban, the republicans.

1 comment:

Buffalo said...

You are absolutely correct. Just knowing you aren't the lone voice; knowing there are others traveling the same road you have, or will, travel, gives comfort.

By the way, there isn't a thing wrong with your writing skills. It think you were trying to be modest.