Monday, April 11, 2005

My job versus my back........

Well, damn, I've gone and done it again. I've had a few nasty muscle strains this year, but in my shoulder area. Today my lower back gets it. That's what happens when you make a living pulling heavy, sick people around in beds at my age. So here I am, at home, ice on my back, on pain killers and muscle relaxers. I am really getting to old for this shit. It usually happens the morning of the first day back at work after I've been off for two or more days. Since I haven't been very physical around the house lately, I guess I get all tight and bingo, something has to give when I have to use these muscles again. Well, it could be worse. I could have had a job where I sit around on my fat ass all day gaining weight, getting obese, getting admitted to the critical care unit, and causing some other poor slob to injure their back trying to pull my big fat ass up in bed. So, my friends, if you think that stuffing your face with anything you can get your hands on all day is simply your own business and no one else's, think again. You're making my job downright painful!

No comments: