Wednesday, November 02, 2005

OUCH


Well, it's happened again. I sprained/pulled/whatever that muscle in my upper back. I think I know now how it happens. My fellow aid was sent over to another department, leaving me in the lurch to play catch-up with the morning routine. So, it's hit the ground running, trying to get temps taken, blood sugars done, breakfast trays passed out, on top of getting a room ready for an admit and helping several nurses with code browns, all in the space of an hour, so it's no wonder my poor muscles didn't get a chance to warm up and loosen. Then came that burning sensation under my shoulder blade that tells me I'm in trouble. At first I try to pass it off as old-farts disease (we just naturally hurt in places) but it only gets worse and I have to go to the charge nurse and give her the wonderful news, and head on over to Company Care, where my file is beginning to thicken. I piss in the cup, hoping that glass of wine got pissed out this morning. They always use this opportunity to ensure that the injured party isn't some kind of dope fiend. Since I don't do drugs I'm not worried about it other than the outside chance of one of those infamous false positives happening to me.
So here I am, sitting at home on muscle relaxers and pain pills. I dont consider this a vacation because I'm hurting, I'm mildly doped up (no, I do NOT get off on this floaty feeling) and I'm wasting valuable Paid Time Off to sit here and post to my blog. Guess I'll run me a nice hot bath and soak this tired old back of mine, then, maybe I'll write another episode for that "other" blog, since it's been awhile since I had time to write.
In my later years I have come to appreciate the quality of things over the quantity of it. Comment wise, I've concluded that MM&M has not been a roaring success as blogs go, but I do appreciate the QUALITY of the responses I do get, and I want all my readers to know they help immensely with their kind comments. I know how much I have enjoyed and benefited from reading their blogs which have enriched my own petty existence by no small measure. If I haven't said it often enough, let me say it from the heart........THANK YOU!

7 comments:

Naughti Biscotti said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Michael.

morningstar said...

ohhhhh those pain killers and muscle relaxants must have addled your brain ...
" I've concluded that MM&M has not been a roaring success as blogs go, " and you came to this conclusion how???

as far as i am concerned it IS a roaring success !!! You write with humour .. with feeling.. from the heart.. and i for one thoroughly enjoy popping by and get the news of the world (as it is) from THE MICHAEL!!! - ya old fart you.. (cheeky grin)

morningstar

Alex Pendragon said...

Thank you shandi, me too.

morningstar, you sure know how to stroke a guy's ego! It's a pleasure to write knowing the words are not just blowing in the wind. Thank you so very much.

Buffalo said...

Let's see, do I go for sincerity, humor, sarcasm........dang, I just don't know.

Okay. Sincerity.

Hey, Bro, I'm surely sorry you are hurting. I hope you are soon fit as a fiddle and as chipper as a...what in the hell is chipper?

And the Past Recedes... said...

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Yours is one of the blogs that I do try to keep up with, always a pleasure.

Time said...

To misquote the late Hunter S. Thompson: I don't advocate the use of pain killers and muscle relaxants to everyone, but they always worked for me.

Hope you feel better. And with the 14 million blogs out there, you should feel gratified that you've attracted a higher caliber audience (present company excluded)

Alex Pendragon said...

Thanks guys! LIght duty and physical therapy will have me back on the floor in no time.