Thursday, March 30, 2006

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY...........INSANE?


Ladies and germs, today is a landmark day in the evolution of my blog. After a perfectly harmless post concerning my annual battle with the evil spawn of trees, a fantastic idea for a more appropriate name for my blog was introduced by none other than Lord Tim , our fairly flatulent friend with airs of royalty. (I swear to Bob I had no premeditation on that pun, it just happened, but I'm sticking with it).

My blog has been a mixture of political commentary, reporting on the aggravatingly obvious, expressions of outrage over cruel injustice, and peeks into the darkness of my sick mind, sprinkled here and there with reports from the home-front, however mediocre it tends to be. However, without her even realizing it, my wife is an important contributor to much of the material in this blog, both for her insights concerning our lives, and the richness she lends to my existence. There has been many a time I wished I had a sound recorder going on 24/7 in this household to catch some of the comedy that goes on between us, material perfect for this blog or perhaps even a pod-cast. She is convinced she has no ability to write, and so far I haven't been able to convince her to at least take a shot at her own posts, but I am more than happy to pass on the nuggets her creative and quite funny mind produces here at the hold. So, since in many ways, as I have just described, this is really a cooperative effort, and I want to lend her the credit she so richly deserves for her contributions. Besides, all anybody seems to comment on is the relationship I have with her, even though I never consciously tried to highlight that. I guess the love is just that obvious.

Although I have changed the title of the blog, the content will not change drastically. I will still go off on my occasional rants. I will preach the righteousness of my own personal beliefs, and boldly attack those of others whom I feel are complete idiots and richly deserve it. I will continue to invite the ire of the NSA and homeland security, for I swore an oath once to protect and defend the constitution of the United States of America, from enemies both foreign AND domestic. However, in a desperate attempt not to lose the few loyal and dedicated readers I DO have, I will continue to report on the happenings here at Pendragon Hold, embellishing and enhancing the mundane occurrences here as needed in order to continue to hold your attention. However, this blog IS produced under a tight budget, so if you wish for it to compete with the likes of Tim and his photoshop resplendent masterpieces, you'll have to all get together and sell cookies or something and buy me my own copy of Photoshop Elements for the Mac. And yes, you can add "shameless" to my long list of lovable attributes.

In closing, I would like to thank Lord Tim for his excellent idea, if only to deflect the blame entirely upon him should this gambit fail. I would like to thank all my commenters, the one's who have stuck with me through thick and thin, as well as the new ones who crept in and became addicted to my personal magnetism. You have my condolences, but I'm keeping you just the same. I want to thank Buffalo for finally getting off his duff and taking his remarkable show on the road, and pray I have rum on hand should he stop by, and I want to thank Shandi for not abandoning us in our hours of need when she wanted to just fade off into the sunset. And Lights, if you don't get your ass back on line and blog, I swear I'm gonna track you down and expose you as the insidious perverter of Dr Suess that you really are. Cherish, gina, littleone, and all my sweet subby friends........thanks for your nurturing words of encouragement and making me realize all the good things I continue to enjoy. And last but not least, I want to thank Bob, who never, ever makes me feel guilty about ANYthing.

Good night, and blessed be.

10 comments:

Time said...

Well, I am almost speechless. But I congratulate you on your new spiritual journey and transformation. Re-creation is good for the circulation, and I speak from experience. Regardless, I am pleased that you have chosen this path, littered as it is with windblown leaves. And I really liked the royal airs line.

Paul said...

Hey there, Michael. I'm finally back. If you're dancing then I guess you're not a Baptist. Personally, I like hearing about your relationship with your wife. I always enjoy a love story.

A said...

Love the new name! Looking forward to hearing more about your Lady. :-)

darlingina said...

Looking Gooood Sir Dances ;o) Nice post and great photo too! Have a great weekend with Your lovely wife. Be well and stay safe.
Hugs,
~gina~

Alex Pendragon said...

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, it's always about Marsha!

No, wait, her name's not Marsha........

Sheesh, and here I thought it was all about ME! Fine, you guys want wifey, you got wifey, wifey all day, everyday. I'll make you so sick of wifey you'll all be begging me to stop!

hehe......just kidding.......

Gland you guys like the new skin. I still wish someone would lead me by my html challenged hand and show me how to get a pic or graphic into the main header of the blog. Maybe I could send you a pic and you could wrap the necessisary code around it to make it show up where it's supposed to, and send it back with detailed instructions designed for idiots on where exactly to insert it, if that's possible. If you do, I'll give you full credit somewhere deep in the fineprint somewhere no one is likely to see it, but I will NOT pay royalties on it, unless you are willing to accept Pendragon Shillings, which are worth about one plugged Canadian nickel each, payable in IOU's which mature in the year 2084. Hey, never accuse THE Michael of never offering his dearest friends incredible investment opportunities! grin

Paul, welcome back, and never grace my comments sections with such slander again! Baptist, indeed....sheesh..... (laugh)

Tim, thanks, and by implying that the pansy method of moving leaves around that you imployed sucked, I meant no harm, just because it blows........omg I'm getting good at this.......hehe

Chrish, it is kinda friggin awesome, isn't it? lol

Naughti Biscotti said...

Michael, love the new title. I might be able to help you get a graphic into your title. I know there is usually several ways to do something. My way is always different so forgive me if it doesn't work for you.

First you have to publish your graphic somewhere in your blog. I prefer to publish it way way back where no one is going to come across it. Once the code has been saved in a post, highlight it and copy it. Then go into your blog settings.. under basic... in the description of your blog... paste the code. You may have to make minor changes in html to get it to post correctly.
you will have to delete part of the code; usually that that begins with "display" and ends right before "img" ... it should work.

thanks for the mention btw. being the paranoid ocd freak that I am, i needed the break.

Alex Pendragon said...

Lights, my friend, I would NEVER consider threatening you. No. That was a promise. Besides, it is painfully obvious that you do not respond to threats. Which requires me to go to the next level. I hereby PROMISE you that if you do not get your very talented ass back on line and return Tim to his rightfull place as our second best blogger, So help me Bob, I will pass along manufactured intelligence to the CIA that you are affiliated with Amish terrorist organizations or that there is an unopened quart of motor oil buried somewhere in your back yard that only a full scale invasion will uncover, since I could not get the U.N. inspectors to take me seriously.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by......I miss you, guy.

Not that I swing that way......

was just saying.....

nevermind......

morningstar said...

"And Lights, if you don't get your ass back on line and blog, I swear I'm gonna track you down and expose you as the insidious perverter of Dr Suess that you really are. "

ok ok.. hang on here one blessed minute..........
LIGHTS whom i have not met.. and barely read before he shut down.. is preverting Dr Seuss???!!!! My beloved Dr Seuss???!!! woe's me!! what is the world coming to???

Dances with Leaves eh Michael.. and may i ask what happens once the leaves are all danced with???

(thinking .. at least YOU don't get cross with me for being off topic)

cheeky grin
morningstar

Time said...

Hey lights...pull my finger.

And the Michael. Putting an image with the title is simple. It involves using layers in Photoshop. Perhaps Shandi can help you.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....

And Morningstar, that was one Topic.

And the Past Recedes... said...

Love the new look!