Monday, March 13, 2006

The Frenzy Continues.....


The cleaning frenzy continues here at Pendragon Hold. It's after 8 p.m., I've had my dinner, and the wife is still in the kitchen scouring anything with a surface to it. When this woman is on a mission....well.......

I had a fairly good day at the hospital, but my legs are still sore. I attribute that more to age and physical condition than anything. Our director, who manages both the CCU and the fourth floor, is testing out one of those robots that take things like unused drugs and labs downstairs, freeing up a gopher (I'm sorry, I meant PCT) from having to run this stuff downstairs and making them more available for patient care. I'm all for it, personally, but I have one question. How in the hell does this thing get on the elevator? I'll report back on this later.

Do any of you have faux wood vinyl flooring that you want to replace with real wood? If so, now is the perfect time to upgrade your floor! All you have to do is roll up that vinyl carefully, wrap it, and mail it to THE Michael (Address available by request), who will joyfully recycle it here on the floor of Castle Pendragon. And, if you act now, I will throw in a pictorial blog post to show how much better it looks on my floor than it did yours! (Offer void in Timbuktu, Biloxi, in zip codes ending in 666, of by persons of exceptional moral turpitude).

The evil twin has reported to us that she has acquired herself a second snake. My girls have this thing for tubular reptiles. Personally, I think there's a hidden erotic component to this, either that, or they are into sacrificing rodents. Our reptiles tend to have legs and rather interesting constructions. The first one we had was a chameleon, who eventually died of old age. The wife was always fascinated by that mile-long tongue the creature zapped it's prey with. I wonder why. Now, we have Sandy, the Leopard Gecko, who can lick his eyeballs. Wish I could.

I'm watching 24 while finishing this up. As much as I like this show, I believe there's an underlying attempt to soften up the public's aversion to torture as a method of keeping the American people safe. Jack Baur does like to torture those bad guys to get information. Wonder how many Jack Baurs we have down in Gitmo and other unknown places torturing the second cousins of someone who knew someone who prayed at a mosque that was attended by the brother in law of someone who once knew a terrorist? Makes me proud to be an American.

The tire I repaired yesterday is still holding air just fine. Another money-sucking disaster averted, at least for now.

Time to wind down. It was a pleasure talking wit ya!

6 comments:

And the Past Recedes... said...

Hmm...no recycled flooring I can send your way...ew snakes...blah to long days at work...take it easy!

Paul said...

Glad you mentioned the tire. I plugged a hole recently that I could put my arm in. Did it myself because no one would touch it and said it couldn't be done. It held air but I've been afraid to put it back on the car so it's my spare. I need to check it.

By the way, how do you know you're an American? I've pondered that question occasionally. I can't remember my birth so how do I really know I'm American? What if they lied to me and to the office of vital statistics and I'm really Canadian?

Alex Pendragon said...

Honey, welcome to your dear old Dad's blog. I will be happy to mention you alot more in future posts, only because I love you.

Cherish, cherish your zipcode, it's special, and yes, tires should last the life of the car.

Kel.....snakes are people to...I think....

Paul, I have no idea, you'd have to ask the Buffalo, he's the resident expert on how one proves they're Americans around here. And it's day three with the repaired tire and it's holding just fine.

And the Past Recedes... said...

Hmm..they might be. And I wouldnt mind perhaps petting one...but I couldnt own one for the simple fact that I couldn't feed a mouse to one.

A said...

My husband adores 24; "The Jack Bauer Power Hour", he calls it.

But Keifer's rabid acting style and the frantic plot just makes me too tense. I mean, can you *imagine* having days like this guy seems to get regularly? All that screaming and yelling.

And doesn't he ever have to go to the bathroom? That's a mighty big bladder.

Alex Pendragon said...

Have you EVER seen anyone on television go to the bathroom? Pity we can't all fast-forward thru the nasty little necessities of life.