Sunday, March 12, 2006

A day in the life..........


Today, the tire that had previously gone flat decided to override the fix-a-flat solution and REALLY go flat. Another can of the cheap repair only revealed that there was a sizable puncture that wasn't going to close up by some runny latex sealer. Damn! So, we drive quickly back to the homestead before the can of air exits the tire altogether, and I decide that the fairly new tires on the dead goat-mobile would make a nice replacement. WRONG! the lug nuts were spaced just far enough not to fit. Sigh........

So, I pull out the jack and put on that skinny little spare and head to the auto parts store and get me a tire puncture repair kit. I will know in the morning whether or not I actually fixed it. If I didn't, I'll be late for work putting the skinny little spare back on.

The wife is off for the whole week and has already started her cleaning frenzy, which comes naturally to her when she's taken off work and I haven't, for there isn't much else to do. Right now she's in the kitchen painting the wear marks on the cheap kitchen cabinets that helped make this fairly spacious double wide of ours so affordable. These nasty carpets are really looking....well....nasty, so I tore up a section to see if maybe we could paint the underlying plywood, which, unfortunately, is no where near in that kind of condition or quality. So, we have decided to buy whatever vinyl flooring we can afford a few square feet at a time and replace this stuff square by square, preferably with a nice faux wood finish. Sweeping the dog hair is going to be alot easier than vacuuming it. The cat rubs his off on the furniture.

I'm a little worried about Ozzy, one of our goats. He's always been the quiet one, but lately he's been quieter than usual, acting a bit listless and perhaps getting a bit skinnier than the others. Perhaps it's just a case of worms, at least I hope it is, because I can treat him for that. Billy has taken it upon himself now to be the bad-ass of the herd, now that he has two itty bitty pygmy goats to bully around. I usually have to stand between him and the two girls after he has eaten his share of feed, because he feels it's his mission in life to eat it ALL. He has this funny little goat growl when he gets thwarted. But, I can't make him out to be the bad guy, because Sasha, the bigger of the two dwarves, bullies Sonya, the smaller, at the feed bin. It's the schoolyard all over again.

I'm not going to add my usual outlook on the Bush administration tonight because they are already doing a fine job of demonstrating what a circus they've become. Even the polls are reflecting the sad truth of the matter. Nuff said.

I'm so jealous of Tim. He has this great toy to play with called Photoshop, along with a great sense of humor, and has consistently produced award winning post after amazing post. I still can't afford to install the larger hard drive I need in this computer, much less the OS upgrade I'm lusting after as well as Photoshop Elements, which once I get my hands on I HOPE has the features I need to create the magic Tim has. In the meantime I have to rely on my typing and pic-uploading wits to keep this blog from going completely under. If Blogging was a money making survival of the fittest type of endeavor, I'd be toast by now. As it is, I am able to remain a voice in the wilderness, on par with one chirp in a horde of crickets in the evening twilight. You can pick my chirp out if you listen real hard and know what to listen for............

1 comment:

Time said...

Dude...I only use Photoshop as cover for reality. You on the other hand tell it like it is. I respect you for that.

Sir Edwin the Flatulent (I'm trying out my new identity for size)
Go forth and pull my royal finger.