Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bob I wish I had something to post today!

Well, it's another hot day here at the Fabulous Goat Ranch and Sandlot Estate. The evil twin and her boyfriend drove up last night for a visit. She and her sister just turned 32, and they have the same stay young and hot genes that makes their mother the pearl of my filthy eye. I think her boyfriend is younger than her, and, of course, he acts like it. Whatever, seems the women in our family prefer their studs on the young side. I guess they think we are easier to manipulate....hehe.
The three of them left to visit the grand matriarch who refuses to give up after hip fractures, strokes, you name it, this old gal puts the ever-ready bunny to shame. She'll meet her maker when she's damn good and ready. When I first met the old battle-axe, she was not impressed, thinking her daughter would have done better by the svelte cuban she had been dating. That cuban even got out of his car at an intersection in a stalker type effort to discuss the mutual object of our desires one day, and I thought I was going to have to get out of the car and tazer the SOB, but luckily the light turned green, and I left him dashing back to his car amongst the horns of alot of angry drivers stuck behind him. Whatever, unethenic little old me won the prize, and it was little old me who helped care for the mean old woman after she was disabled by the symptoms of old age, including using my medical expertise to keep her out of the emergency room whenever possible. She's now in a nursing home, far outstripping anybody's ability to take care of her. And I think she actually got around to liking me. Imagine that.
Luckily, we just got three fresh movies from Netflix, so the evening shouldn't be a total bore. They are out driving around right now in the car I just did the brake job on, so I have so many fingers crossed right now I can barely type. Tomorrow I have to go back to work, another 12 hour shift trying to keep 8 nurses happy and helping to keep 16 very sick people alive.
Hopefully, the ones that need to die will do so despite our efforts to the contrary. And hopefully, those that do survive will do so with some quality of life afterwards. The real perks of my job sometimes seem to be few and far between, but those I do have are magnificent, in the great scheme of things. I just hate getting in Bobs' way, ya know?
If you came looking today for a well written, in depth look into the mysterious, the unknown, or the truly side splitting, I am so sorry that I disappointed you. However, if you just stick with me, who knows, there might be a meteor headed this way with my name written all over it, and if I don't zip when I should have zagged, the story that follows should be worth the visit!

1 comment:

And the Past Recedes... said...

Great post today, sometimes reading of someones daily life is okay, haha. Take it easy at work! Well as easy as you can...

Kel