Friday, August 19, 2005

It could have been worse.......

The air-conditioner repair man could have been a serial killer. Either he wasn't, or he needed the money. Anyway, for those of you who have been waiting with bated breath as to the outcome of my heat stress woes, here's the straight skinny.
Guy shows up at a reasonable time, and we discuss the problem. He says let's check the gas pressure and he does and sure enough, I'm down by a couple of pounds. He thinks it probably was a very slow leak, and if it hasn't gotten worse in the interim, the pressure should hold for awhile. If not, the gas will leak back out before the summer is over and THEN we know we have a much more expensive problem.
I like this guy. He didn't make any effort to try and sell me a new unit, at least not for now, and he didn't go looking for some expensive part to replace. He just charged me the basic service charge plus the cost of the freon, so I got off at less than a hundred bucks, when I was expecting to shell out twice that at least. I do see a new unit in the future, but that's gonna have to be in that future when The Michael somehow comes up with a chunk of change.
Now, about that wet, lush patch of grass growing right over the septic tank that the goats have been avoiding........

1 comment:

And the Past Recedes... said...

Gah...I feel for ya.