Monday, August 22, 2005

Thou art......

Oh, thou art vex
each breath I take an effort these aged years
when labor doth I undertake in the name of progress
progress, indeed, I mutter beneath said breath
as the world about me falls
to entropy
Oh, thou are challenge
each morn that greets me with pain anew
to pry myself from the embrace of warm water
reminiscent of some womb
I could only wish to remember
in a safe and sane time before birth
Oh, thou art mine grievance
the peace thou rob of me
as I grasp and grapple with some escape
of the consequences of failures long awaiting me
born of the nurturing of avoidance
come home to greet me
Oh, thou art TRIUMPH
as the clock winds once more
about the face of my life
circular, never ending
no beginning, no conclusion
just a trip around a dial that marks my days
able to draw a breath and say
I love you

2 comments:

Naughti Biscotti said...

Wow, again. Didn't know you were a poet. This is very good.

Alex Pendragon said...

Thank you shandi dear.