Monday, October 03, 2005

Day One

Well, it's the first day of our ersatz vacation. I exiled the dog to the back bedroom last night in hopes of being able to sleep in and actually made it to 8:30 am before his whines got loud enough to wake me. Of course the wife can sleep thru volcanic eruptions, so she hung in till around 10. I wish my biological clock allowed me that luxury.
The weather has detected our week off and has adjusted itself accordingly; rain for the entire week. So the goats got hay today in leu of the front yard. The county graded the dirt road which immediately became a muddy morass with the rain-showers and automotive traffic.
We did make a run to the Super Walmart on the way to visit the wife's mother in the nursing home. While there I repaired her headphones for her, which made her quite happy. Wife picked up some stuff for her new crafts project, gel candles. She really is quite talented in that area.
Since we don't have the excuse of being dog tired and in pain from work, the wife is expecting a bit more action in the somewhat neglected passion department. I am more than happy to acquiesce to her demands, provided of course I can get my libido to cooperate. Perhaps some work on the further adventures of that guy on my other blog might get the creative juices flowing in that area. Sure can't hurt, with the added bonus that those who follow his exploits will get another fix. Stay tuned if you do tune.
We have a good night of network TV and homegrown debauchery in store. Stay at home vacations might not make for exciting posts, but hey, if we'd gone to Vegas, what we'd done there may have stayed there anyway.

No comments: