Sunday, October 02, 2005

I'm OFF!

Seven straight days of not-getting-up-at-6-friggin'-AM-for-12-hours-of-hell! Of course, being dirt poor and all, me and the wife get to enjoy our shared vacation here at the homestead, enjoying all those exciting things a couple can do that doesn't cost anything. The new television season has started, so our nightlife should be covered, and I think we can afford the extra couple of 3 liter bottles of cheap wine, so it should prove to be a restful reprieve from my wife's bad knee and legs and back and my sore feet. And since we can't afford to go out anywhere we'll save on gas as well. The goats will be overjoyed to be tied out in the fresh grass and weeds EVERY day instead of every other day as is usually the case. Of course, the dog and cat is going to wonder what's going on, but they will just have to adjust. I hope the local canines and felines I'm sure they've been inviting over for wild parties will be somewhat peeved.
My readership, at least as I can measure comment wise, seems to have fallen off lately, but with all this time on my hands I should be able to increase my circulation with insight, wit, and other inflictions I am infamous for, either that or I shall lose the few loyal readers I DO have. Time will tell.
I do have a confession to make. I am still trying to come to terms with the reaction I had to a certain post that one of our well respected peers wrote staring yours truly. My reaction to said post, considering that he had the good grace to warn me ahead of time that it was strictly satire, was, shall I say, not as it should have been, and I need to make it clear that I do not fault him in the least for the manner in which I was parodied. I think perhaps my innermost fear was that the readers of said post might not have seen it as parody, in which case I would have been portrayed in a less-than desirable fashion. I guess I just need to reach down deep, grab my inner child by the throat, and choke his little ass, so I can get my groove back. And, by the way, if I AM a whiner, well dammit, then I'm a damn good one, so THERE! (wicked grin)
I'll end this lame post with something that made my day. I'm taking a sweet little old lady's temperature and she observes that she's been watching me run all day back and forth like "a chicken with his head cut off", and asks "Don't those other people (those other people being the nurses and the secretary) ever do ANYTHING except sit and yap back and forth all day?"
People like that make me feel somewhat good about myself. Bob knows the pay doesn't.

3 comments:

teri said...

Some of the best vacations are those that you don't HAVE TO go anywhere.

Ya all suck...I don't get one this year, with starting the new job last January. With the old job I was able to take a week off every three months. So, I guess now I'm being punished for that.

Have a wonderful time. :)

And the Past Recedes... said...

Yay for vacations!!! Have a good one and enjoy it...they are too far and few between.

Kels

Naughti Biscotti said...

Have a great vacation. Lord knows (ooppss... Bob knows) we all need one ocassionally.
It's nice to know that the satire didn't upset you too much. While I was reading it, I was wondering what reaction you had.

and... I may not make into the comment section as often as I like, but you haven't lost me as a reader.

see ya when you get back