Monday, October 17, 2005

Invasion of the Pod Casts


Being a Mac fanatic and proud owner of an Imac G-5, the most beautiful computer ever to grace the face of the planet, I have begun to browse the myriad podcasts that one can access via the Itunes Music Store. One of my favorites so far is Chicken Fried Radio. This crew is hilarious! What's really cool about podcasts are that you can download them and then listen to them at YOUR convenience, rather than having to stay glued to the radio in order to catch an episode. This new medium could have a serious impact on broadcast radio, but I doubt there's any danger of it replacing it altogether.
Since a podcast is something you have to GO get and download to listen, it's not censored, and nothing these guys say is out there polluting the airwaves, which I think is the common sense approach to adult listening. Not every podcast is R-rated, mind you, and a good percentage are merely podcasted versions of regular media fare, such as news programs and such. And, this new media finally allows you and me, the regular guys, with the proper equipment, to produce and publish our own programs much the way we have been publishing our blogs. So, now not only can your read a blog about Bubba's flatulence, but you can also hear his farts on his audio podcast if that's what floats your boat.
Already the next advance is gaining steam, the Video podcast. You can already download a few of these, and with the introduction of Apple's new Video Ipod, you can play them anywhere. Needless to say, Video will not be as numerous as Audio and Audio is not as numerous as written blogs, but it's available if you can afford the equipment and have a knack for the tech involved. It is indeed a strange new world.
My wife makes me laugh. Our daily conversations are anything but normal, if not downright hilarious, so, with a little practice, we could probably cob together our own little show which could rival the humor of "I love Lucy", only R-rated. Of course, I would probably prefer hiring a "voice model" as in my opinion, my voice has the soothing quality of nails across a chalk board. But, then again, who woulda thought at one time that a guy named Rod Steward would ever have been considered a singer? Anything can be an acquired taste, I suppose.
So, stay tuned, my fellow bloggers and other innocents, one day The Michael and Company may be coming to a podcast near you. Don't ever say I didn't warn you......hehe.........

2 comments:

And the Past Recedes... said...

Hmm..I may have to check these things out...sounds interesting.

Buffalo said...

Now I know to never download a podcast.