Friday, October 28, 2005

Things you won't catch me doing.........

Heading to Walmart without a clearly defined mission and an exit strategy.

Sitting so low in the seat of the car I can't see anything lower than the dash.

Listening to music at the same decibel level as that of an F-18 jet engine.

Sporting a window sticker of some punk kid pissing on something.

Harassing a harried salesperson because their employer won't hire adequate help.

Allowing people without a sense of humor effect my own.

Allow myself to fear the unknown until I know what I should be afraid of.

Wearing something that clearly makes me look stupid just to be different.

Driving a vehicle that needs tons of horsepower just to move itself, much less me.

Driving down the interstate at 110 mph because hey, I'm invincible, and you're getting in my way.

Eating a restaurant entree serving big enough to feed a village just because I paid for it and it's there.

Writing lists for blogs for lack of anything else to do........wait a second.....oh hell......BUSTED!

5 comments:

Time said...

Great list. I think about the one about wearing something that makes you look stupid every time I see some kid with his pants hanging half way to his ankles.

morningstar said...

my personal favourite.. heading to Walmart without an exit strategy.... honestly for the longest time i refused to set foot in there after my first trip.....when i got lost and turned around and couldn't find the door.......late at night when i drive by (after store closing) and see cars parked in the lot.. i daydream they all belong to poor lost Walmart shoppers.. doomed to wander the aisles for eternity looking for the way out.........

vanilla morningstar

Alex Pendragon said...

Who knows? Perhaps Walmart is simply a preview of the consumers 13th circle of hell........

And yea, Tim, back in my day the motivation was to look COOL as hell, not the opposite. I guess kids these days are so desperate to get in everybody's face they are willing to do just about anything.

Alex Pendragon said...

Adam, I said I was MOTIVATED to be cool, I never said I ever really attained it. Now that I have a few years under my belt, I cringe to think that being cool, at least in the eyes of others, was ever really such a big deal. I guess it just comes naturally with those raging teenage hormones.

Alex Pendragon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.