Saturday, October 08, 2005

Day Six


Well, dagnabit, seems I missed days four and five. So what happened? Lessee........the weather has been drying out slightly as the storm moves up the coast out of our area. Yesterday wifey and I went to Pantera's Bread for a nice sandwich lunch, and then browsed thru the craft shops looking for stuff to make her gel candles with. If you imagined I probably wouldn't have minded being just about anywhere else, you were right. These are not "guy" places.
But guess what? For the first time in years, we decided to go "out". There's a wings place along Blanding that is becoming infamous for it's bike night, that has a karaoke show on Friday nights, so we thought, what the hell, let's check it out. Well, I wasn't all that impressed. The song list was lacking, to say the least. I got up for about three songs and am grateful I wasn't assassinated by my second song. It's been years since I sang in public and I doubt it sounded all that good. My wife's demeanor wasn't encouraging. So, we burned right thru a pitcher of beer and an order of nacho's (having not gotten the slightest buzz....there IS alcohol in Coors Light on tap, right?) and were out of there by 10. On the way home, wifey expressed a craving for ice cream, so I treated us both to a couple of Sonic Blasts. Paris Hilton has nothing on us when it comes to nightlife....groan.
I finished off the second part to a story on my other blog and started another episode, which took forever since the wife has commandeered the putor for surging thru the wican sites. I'm beginning to feel like Daren on "Bewitched". I don't mind her journeys and explorations of her spirituality, as long as she doesn't accidently turn me into a frog (no, I am NOT already a frog, thank you). I ordered crickets for the leopard gecko and tied out the goats in the neighbors yard. Right now she's in the kitchen working on her gels and we are listening to "Wait, wait, don't tell me" on NPR. Is this the epitome of excitement or what?
Well, tomorrow is the last day of our action-packed vacation. On Monday, I get to go back to work and do things not many people are willing to do for the money. The wife gets to reintroduce her failing knee to more stress trying to fit fat women into small shoes. Another Republican will be indicted for something or another, another bomb or two or three will go off in Iraq, terrorists will try to sneak onto subways with explosive baby strollers, and several different species of aliens will attempt to take over the Earth on several different network shows. Life goes on.

2 comments:

teri said...

Life is what we make it. I hope you attacked your wife daily. There is nothing like three square meals a day. Cooking up something together is the best. Umm yummy. ;)

Buffalo said...

It may not be the fast lane, my brother, but it gets you where you want to go.