Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Before you go.........

With a stupid evening gossip show blaring in the background, I'm trying to craft a half-assed decent post. One thing that springs to mind I should report is having fallen victim to that age old scourge of computer writers since they paired a CRT with a keyboard, the "forgot to save and there it went" virus. All fifty million words of the next exciting episode of "Adventures". No tears were shed in the production and subsequent loss of said episode, but if I'd been a masochist I'd have been in for a night of self-flagellation, I can tell you that!
There HAS been another virus running amok, one that threatens the very fabric of our tiny little universe comprised of a diverse mix of personalities, one created by doubt, boredom, circumstance, introspection, fear, or any number of reasons that might prompt one to discontinue or sharply curtail their blogs. I find this troubling, for I have always thought that for once, I had stumbled across a hobby, a passion, a calling, whatever you wish to call it, that is anything but a FAD, but an exercise in expression that rivals the obsession of religion. I can easily picture myself doing this, as long as I have the means and the physical and mental health, for the rest of my life. It fits easily into that category of things that just ARE, such as working for a living, eating, fornicating, dreaming.....it's not something reserved for a certain era of your life, such as dating and going to dances or bars. It has never been something I've had to COMMIT to, like an exercise program, for it has come as natural to me as breathing......and you look forward to nothing else in life like a good breath if you ever find yourself short of it. I know I cannot expect everybody to share this same comfort, but from what I have read from all of you is that what you have written means something to you in one way or another, and has had an effect of some sort on those who shared it.
I think we can all admit to some extent to having painted pretty pictures of ourselves, our lives, our personas, which is only natural, but what we can't floss over is what comes thru between the lines. I will choose Buffalo as an example only because it gives me a chance to jerk HIS chain, which I am sure he will accept good-naturedly, AFTER he tracks me down and kicks my ass, which I am willing to chance in an effort to make this point. The man, as a person, is far worse, yet far better, if you can understand what I am trying to say, than even he would desire to describe himself. But, regardless of his intent, the one thing that comes thru loud and clear BETWEEN the lines is that he is human, that he has a unique voice, and that he has great value, which those who personally know him can probably attest.
He, as will I, will both wrestle with ourselves when it comes to judging what kind of people we TRULY are, but we ARE who we are, and when it gets right down to it, you either take us or leave us. But I can promise you this, you will NOT leave either one of us, or any of you other good people, without having been influenced, for better or for worse. And THAT, as Buffalo would say, is a might fine thing.
Our faux President, Dubya, has been saying things that make me wish to Bob I could just walk up to him and bitch-slap the ignoramus, not to be violent or anything, but just to make a point in the only language the idiot probably understands. He is making "shut up and quit being derogatory" statements that send a chill up and down my spine. He is making suggestions that people who disagree with him and/or his policies lend aid and comfort to the enemy. BULLSHIT! Show me Osama Ben Ladin and I know a few ladies I would love to introduce him to, and they ain't virgins. I KNOW who the friggin enemy is, Dubya, only you have a hard time separating them from us. I do know that your born again ass would love nothing more than to see me disappear into some post soviet era secret gulag just so you can continue to send this country and everything it ever stood for down the river, after your friends get their cut of it, of course. So, you keep up your assaults on our constitution and one day you and your so called "political party" might end up with your own damn insurgency on your hands.

So sayeth THE Michael, Lord and Master of Pendragon Hold, owner of goats, veteran of a very cold war, and press agent for Bob, a presence whom by any other name, would never smell as sweet......

5 comments:

Gaye said...

Knowing Buffalo, I would consider my ass kicked if I were you!! lol!!! Keeping it real my friend; agree or disagree; the "realness" is what matters...

Buffalo said...

It is what it is, bro Michael. And it ain't a thang.

One of the many wonderful things about this country is our ability to survive what we deem to be bad leadership. Even during time of extreme tribulation you gotta respect the offices our various leaders hold.

My last ex, sometimes I wish I could say 'may she rest peacefully', loved chow dogs. She also loved wolves.

Well, little blondie decided she needed to combine her two loves so we ended up with a chow dog that was half wolf. He was a hell of a dog until he was about 2 years old. Ended up putting him down. It wasn't his fault. He was just doing what all that DNA told him to do.

Our leaders are kinda like that. They just obey that internal programming. We elect them and we will survive them. History will treat them one way or another - depending on who is spinning the tale.

I'm fixin' on hitting save and then depart. Unlike some, I learn from the mistakes of others.

Time said...

Well stated. But I want go on record saying that I don't think I've painted too many pretty pictures of my life, especially considering I've plastered my face on umpteen different people's bodies. Nothing pretty about that.

Paul said...

You reminded me of a Teddy Roosevelt quote that he wrote during World War I. Here it is.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star", 149
May 7, 1918

I think it's partriotic to criticise the Second Christ.

darlingina said...

Excellent post Sir Michael. Thank you again my Friend.
Hugs,
~gina~