Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Damage Control Party to the Bridge........

There comes a time in a bloggers' tenure when he realizes just how mediocre his postings have become and takes note of said occurrence with enough alarm to wish to rectify the situation. The fact that my musings may have been somewhat lacking in quality all this time has always been a constant concern, but one I deliberately choose not to deal with in order to avoid discouragement altogether. It's a strategy that has worked well so far, thanks to my uncanny ability to harness my delusions for the benefit of all mankind. OK, fine, then for the benefit of ONE mankind.

Tomorrow I get to go pick up my new glasses, the ones the optometrist has promised will allow me to see straight through women's blouses.....no, wait, that was the promise that ad in the back of the comic book promised.....fast forward to now......has promised will allow me to focus just beyond arms-length without having to crane my neck up into bifocal range, which is supposed to be reserved for close focus work, like reading. These also include those cool magnetic clip-on sunglasses which I will lose in short order, but will enjoy immensely while I have them. This will all conspire to improve my mood considerably, which last night one of my concerned fans pointed out sounded "bitchy". Hun, I love you dearly, but THE Michael does not get bitchy. Tired, annoyed, disgruntled, irritated at life in general, and septic tanks and electric bills specifically, and feeling oppressed by "the man", but no, hun, never "bitchy".

I digress. I do not have a coherent plan to correct the mediocrity of this blog, but I am working diligently on crafting one, either that, or throwing together a blueprint so convoluted, so complicated, so unfathomable yet plausible that you will all at least THINK that I have succeeded in doing so.

So, I will leave you will this exciting episode of MM&M and observe the shallow end of the gene pool do their Jerry Springer guest impressions for Simon, Paula, and Randy. Thank Bob at least 1% of this crowd actually CAN sing.

7 comments:

morningstar said...

ok .. (giggling madly here)two things..
1) You don't DO "bitchy" i got that.. i won't forget....... promise.. solemnly places hand over heart..
2) just don't go and semi retire on us readers k?? that tone at the beginning had me a tad worried..

morningstar

Gaye said...

Our lives sound very similar--I was just as excited as you are to get my new glasses last week... kinda sad, huh? lol

Time said...

Has anyone noticed how bitchy the Michael has been lately?

morningstar said...

Tim-Elvis..... you are just bad!!! or a "shit disturber.. or both .. "has anyone noticed how bitchy The Michael has been lately"!! bad Tim .. very very bad..

morningstar

Alex Pendragon said...

Instigators!

Time said...

What? What did I say?

Naughti Biscotti said...

What's wrong with being bitchy???