Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tonight's Gauntlet Run.........

On a having worked night, I face a certain difficulty posting. My difficulty involves a spouse that does not understand nor appreciate my need to blog, her desire that I pay more attention to her than a stupid computer, and the limited time I have between getting home somewhere around 7:30 at night and time to hit the sack, with so much occupying that time such as favorite TV shows, my bath, dinner, helping clean up things, etc........ So, if what I manage to post seems lame, blame the gauntlet I had to run to even get something resembling a post onto this blog.
Include in all this the time I take to visit my favorite blogs and read them. Wonders blog was truly worth the time I took to visit it. So were most of the others. The tricky thing about commenting to blogs I'd rather not be observed visiting in the first place is that one, I had to speed read it, and two, just doing that was pushing it so commenting to it is going one step to far without the wife looking over my shoulder and wondering what kind of crap I've been reading. Please do not think that this in any way devalues "that particular kind of blog" that I enjoy so much yet cannot advertise my enjoyment at the risk of misunderstanding. Spouses that love you can suffer from equal amounts of insecurity and I see no need to encourage such feelings, however unfounded they may be.
Ok, let me get this posted so that you have SOMEthing to read before I pay dearly for having done so. Sometimes there's a certain kind of thrill to this blogging thing that I truly wish I didn't have to experience.

5 comments:

Gaye said...

Okay, just call me "special"--I not only got read by theMichael, but you even commented in spite of your gauntlet run--Thanks for stopping by my blog--I'm really enjoying yours...

Paul said...

Ah, yes, the wife that can't understand the holy and sacred rite of blogging that takes us to great heights of euphoria, educates us to the mysteries of fellow earthlings and enables us to release frustrations that could otherwise propel us to acts of stupidty that lead to incarceration. I love my wife even though she, too, does not understand.

Time said...

I'm impressed that you commented not once, but twice in one day on my blog. Are you sure you weren't in covert operations in the navy?

And the Past Recedes... said...

Yes thanks for taking the time to give us a post, no matter how lame.

Blogging is effing addicting... I'm like a week clean though, lol.

darlingina said...

lol, remind me to tell You a story about what i know the gauntlet run as being. Thinking You'll like my description much better... having discovered it a couple years ago while in Sturgis, SD at the bike rally. Thanks for Your great posts, no matter how big or how small... i lovem.
Hugs,
~gina~