Thursday, January 19, 2006

I CAN SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!



I just returned from Sears with my new pair of eyes and I'm as happy as an escaped clam at a clam-bake! I'm wearing those no-line bifocals for the first time and they ARE a little strange, but overall I am very pleased. And, I can actually see this monitor without having to tilt my head back like a pez dispenser in order to focus. The optical dude even adjusted the frames damn near perfectly the first time, they feel so comfortable. There IS one tiny caveat, that being that I have to turn my head to focus on distance items, rather than glance sideways at them, but that's no big problem....my neck actually swivels, if you can believe that.

Having come to realize that I am now a citizen of an eclectic little electronic village, I have the perfect opportunity to create my own little place where I don't have to Muse Madly or with Melancholy in order to explore some areas of human interaction that can stir up some strong emotions. So, I did just that. I call it Summerland, named after the Wiccan idea of where your soul goes once you pass beyond this mortal coil. You won't find this place on any map, and you won't need a map to find it. It's a place where you can suggest things without getting hung on a cross for doing so, even if it's your belief that someone who got hung on a cross deserves to be worshiped. You can even discuss the joys of praying to a deity that resembles an elephant head stuck on a sumo wrestler, as long as that joy is real and you think you can somehow pass that joy along to others. There won't be any self-righteous people there informing you of your sad fate in hell for your beliefs, because I will have directed them down the hall to the broom closet where I have a satan bobble head for them to play with. This place will in no way detract from my management of that blog we have all come to know and love, MM&M, but it will free up some space for other such discussions as sex, politics, the environment, and why Elvis Presley may very well rival Jesus Christ in his stubborn refusal to die.

But please, have no fear, I will continue to rant and rave and otherwise contribute wisdom not found anywhere else in the known universe, so do not run off patronizing some other blog for fear this space will start collected dust. Matter of fact, thanks to the all encompassing coverage these three blogs will provide you, you can delete 98% of all your other blogs and STILL know everything you need to know about everything. I must, however, insist that you retain the links to anybody who has ever commented on this blog, for such people are wise, intelligent, sexy, mature, funny, tolerant, and even look good in paisley print. Even the Buffalo, who was man enough to admit to the world that he went to beauty school, but will, hopefully, never admit to having worn pink. There ARE lines which just cannot be crossed.

Oh, and damn if I don't LOOK good, too! hehe.

5 comments:

Time said...

You didn't DIDANT just diss on the King, did you? With your new specs, I will come to expect more insightful blog entries. :)

Still Searching... said...

Oh my!!! That pic just cracked me up!! Tears running down my face and everything...my darling child thinks I've lost my nut...well...

Naughti Biscotti said...

I'm so glad you finally posted a photo of yourself.

Buffalo said...

Okay. I gotta say it, Michael. That picture has to go! What were you thinking of you warped individual?

And the Past Recedes... said...

Yay for new glasses!! I need some new ones...but it's not time for me to get the ole bifocals yet!!

By the way, I'm back in the blogging world.