Monday, January 23, 2006

Cry HAVOK, and let slip the tags.........

This is just a catch-up post, so scroll down one to witness my triumphant return to my regularly scheduled musing. If Tim can do this, so can I........

I was tagged by Paul the other day with another one of those damn lists. I'm only doing this because Paul, by virtue of tagging me, asked me to. So, here goes another total waste of bandwidth........

1. 4 jobs I've had.

Machinist
Titless WAVE who drove nuclear submarines (otherwise known as a Personnelman)
Black & White Darkroom technician
Nurses aid, to name the longest held occupations.

2. 4 Movies I would see over and over again.

The Postman
Waterworld
Excaliber
The Secretary

3. 4 Places I've lived.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Newport News, Virginia
Houston, Texas
Somewhere in Mississippi no one ever heard of.

4. 4 Favorite TV shows.

Star Trek (Next generation)
Firefly
The Twilight Zone (the original)
Lost

5. 4 Places I've been on Vacation.

Cherokee, North Carolina
Hawaii (a working vacation, courtesy of the US Navy Reserves)
Denali National Park
Lisbon, Portugal (does liberty count?)

6. 4 Favorite Foods.

Lobster
Shrimp
Ice cream, the more decadent the flavor, the better
Talapia

7. 4 Places I'd rather be.

Alaska
Anywhere away from concrete.
Anywhere I can see the stars (ALL the stars)
Anywhere devoid of Republicans, Conservatives, Christians, or Skinheads.

8. 4 Sites I visit.

Buffalos Path
I Have Two Belly Buttons
Dizgraceland
The Alley Notebooks

(and yes, guys, I have a much larger list than that)

9. 4 Other Bloggers I'd wish this upon.

The Buffalo
Tim
Lights-in-the-Wake (anything to get him back online)
Cherish (just cause she thinks I don't pay attention to her)

10. 4 Things I'd rather do than answer tags.

Blog
Eat
Sleep
Screw.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Looks like we have a few other things in common. Ice Cream, Denali, developing B&W film and hating these lists. I didn't want to do it either so I thought I'd share the joy.

I can help fulfill three of your vacation wishes:
(Anywhere away from concrete.
Anywhere I can see the stars (ALL the stars)
Anywhere devoid of Republicans, Conservatives, Christians, or Skinheads.) Come for a visit. I have an RV with hookup next to my house. It would be like having a private cabin in a world filled with antelope, coyotes, rattlesnakes, and pack rats.

Alex Pendragon said...

Paul, I'll take you up on that as soon as I get an RV......sometimes in life number 37, if they still make RV'S then.

Time said...

An epoxy on you my friend for tagging me. But never let it be said Tim-Elvis didn't play ball (not well, but I play).