Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Effect of Octagonal Binge Swarms on Trans-dimensional Pink Photons

Now that I've gotten your attention with utter gibberish, here's some more.......

I'm going to post something tonight if it kills me. Let's see what spews forth from my evil little mind......hehehehehe

I've noticed that some or our bloggers have managed to get some pretty nice artwork into the title section of their blog. What Buffalo just did to his was awesome! I finally managed to get a pic into my profile, and that felt like I had just barely passed an exam in advanced physics. Me so smart......sigh. If anyone would like to walk me thru the wherefores and howto's of slipping in artwork, I would surely love to listen. I might even fathom what your trying to tell me. Hmmmmm.....I wonder.....is there an "Idiots Guide to Blogger"?

There is one girl whom I have followed for awhile since I stumbled upon blogs, who has finally just came out and said in plain english that I am a jerk. I would love to spend this whole blog explaining why I think she thinks I'm a jerk, but then I'd be dissing her in return and I see no real sense in that. The comments section of our blogs could turn into episodes of Jerry Springer if we all ran with such stuff, and I truly think that's rather juvenile, and nothing makes me drop a blog faster than seeing the author and commenters getting into a catfight. I won't be dragged into it. Hell, maybe to a few others I AM a jerk, but hey, whatever floats their boat, I know who and what I am and am rather comfortable with it. I know the way I word a comment can sometimes inadvertently pull someone's chain, but I think anyone who truly knew me would know that would never be my intention. Hell, Buffalo's been jerking MY chain since I met the dude, and I have always given him the benefit of the doubt, because I think you all know as well as I do that old Buf is one hell of a guy, however ornery he likes to paint himself sometimes. End of rant.

The above is what you get when you're just making it up as you go along with utterly no premeditation.

Kelbabe has informed us she is dropping out of blogging altogether, to, I believe she says, to just get on with life and enjoy it. BRAVO! I suppose you could compare this little addiction of ours to such things as video gaming, chatting, and all those time stealing little things that steal the minutes from our lives. Hell, I say go for it, if your life is indeed that rich. I just hope like hell that our friend WONDER keeps taking the time to keep us all abreast of the wonder of HIS life, because whether or not we think our own lives are full enough, there's always room for more, especially as seen thru the hearts and minds of strangers who never remain that way for long.

It froze here last night and will do it again tonight. And all without a nice blanket of snow to at least make it pretty. Oh, well, that's "sunny Florida" for ya!

I do want to apologize to a few people on my list whom I visit on a regular basis yet do not seem to leave a comment as often as I should. Sometimes I am so utterly content just to have read what you wrote that nothing I could say about it would add to what you've already said. Other times, an attempt to relate might come across the wrong way, and that wouldn't be a good thing. I just want you to know if you have felt slighted in any way that I'm sorry. If I am on the same page as the writer, of COURSE I might add a comment a mile long, that's only natural, but please don't assume that if my comment is short and sweet that it was meant to measure you against anyone. We are each unique and special and will be responded to differently, depending on the things we post about.

And besides, you gave me a rather large paragraph of inspiration.....grin.

The Buffalo is going on walk-about. Well, ride-about, actually, but it's the same thing. There comes a time in one's life when you just HAVE to give into that imprisoned wanderlust, regardless of risk and practicality, for the alternative is a slow death by "what-ifs". I envy him. And I'm sure as hell gonna water down the rum before he stops by and starts drinking with me. That beast of his would not be kind to me or my humble doublewide. Besides, anyone who could claim he drank THAT legend under the table would be set for life.......hehe.

Well, I've gone and wasted another five minutes of your precious time (make that maybe 45 seconds for you speed readers), so I will end this post before more damage is done. I"m sorry for not pointing out my twist on whatever injustice befell the world today, but I can't be expected to define ALL the worlds' ills ALL the time.

But I try.......boy do I try.........

8 comments:

Time said...

I had always wondered about the effect of octagonal binge swarms on trans-dimensional pink photons. Now I know. Despite your worries about winging it, I really enjoyed this entry. And for what it's worth, I don't think you are a jerk. Just don't pop up one day an tell me you aren't going to blog any more.

Gaye said...

Enjoyed finding out what's going on in that head of yours. For a minute there I thought I was going to have to endure a lesson on "the effect of octagonal binge swarms on trans-dimensional pink photons"--Whew! that's a mouthful!!

I like the way you can laugh at yourself--that's the opposite of a jerk--jerks only see the humor in the misfortune of others; never themselves. Sooo you're JERK FREE the Michael--in my book anyways...

morningstar said...

The Michael - it is a bit more than just slipping in art work into the header of your blog... you need to go into the template .. into the html code and work from there... if you are up for it i can help.. but email might be easier ...
just make sure you have at the least the artwork url that you want to slip in ... and know where to find your template (cheeky grin)

morningstar

Buffalo said...

Michael, my bro, I hate to be the harbinger, but since I was elected to that post by a vast majority of one - you are a jerk. I'm thinkin' you were probably born that way and won't live long enough for science to find a cure.

That said, you're our jerk and if folks don't like it they can piss up a 6" hawser. Manila or nylon - their choice.

If you water the rum you may not live to regret it. Since you are probably a non smoker, healthy little jerk that you are, I 'spect we will have to sit outside. Than that just makes it easier if the ralph monster attacks.

And the Past Recedes... said...

Yes the ole blog is going to be quiet for a while...but I do know that yours is one that I plan on keeping up with during my absence. I have been wholly and utterly addicted to my computer for seven months during a time after me and a boyfriend broke up and I was totally lonely. But, life knocked on my door a few weeks ago and hey...I have a new boyfriend, lol. So, I'm jumping at my chance to get out and have some fun, hey you only live once, right?

Great post!!

Alex Pendragon said...

Tim, I will stop blogging when they pull this keyboard from my cold, dead fingers, or my Imac suffers a catastrophic failure due to the effect of Octagonal Binge.....well....you get my drift.

Cherish, thank you so very much. As for having THREE blogs, well, there's this one and that other one but the third is just something I'm playing with. I'll let you know if I actually do anything with it.

Gaye, your flattery will get you anything you want, hun. Keep it coming! Smile.....

Morningstar, I shall certainly take you up on that once I find something pictorially blogworthy....only.....what is a photo url?

Buf, old buddy, that almost sounded like a compliment, knowing you. Thanks. And you can't cure what ails ME, but the symptoms are manageable. The hell with it, I will just spring for the 151. And no, dude, I smoke, and I smoke where the hell I please at home. But if you barf on my carpet, YOU get to clean it up.

And Kel, honey, I hope with all my heart you find that soulmate who does it for you in everyway.......just let us know on occasion if it "was good for you, to"......grin

darlingina said...

Reading Your posts are NEVER a waste of my time Sir Michael. i always look forward to them. This ones left me wishing i could be a lil mouse in the corner watching and listening to You and Buffalo when You get together to visit, lol. You pushed me to do this blogging thing FOR ME which is what i'm doing and i'll always be grateful to the special Friend You've always been to me.
Hugs,
~gina~

Paul said...

I'm back and ready for more profound jerky wisdom.